CHINESE FRIED RICE RECIPE
Eaten all over Asia, this versatile preparation is a staple food. It is usually made with leftover vegetables and meat and seasoned with soy sauce, garlic, ginger and very often egg.
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 300 g boiled rice
- 1/2 packet of Knorr® Easy to Cook Chinese noodles/Fried Rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, (cabbage, capsicum, onion, carrot) finely chopped
- ½ cup spring onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- Stir-fry the mixed vegetables in a frying pan/ skillet with 1 tablespoon of oil until they are cooked.
- Mix ½ a packet of Knorr® Easy to Cook Chinese Noodles/Fried Rice with ½ a cup of water to make the sauce. Cook the sauce in a wok or frying pan until thickened.
- Combine the sauce, boiled rice and cooked mixed vegetables, stirring until well mixed. Garnish with spring onion.
For a non-vegetarian fried rice, add julienned chicken, beef, pork or shrimp. While stir-frying your meat and/ or vegetables, you can add some freshly cut ginger or garlic to the wok.