VEGETABLE CHINESE MANCHURIAN RECIPE
This popular Indian-Chinese staple cooked with fresh mixed vegetables and crunchy capsicum can now be easily made at home for your friends and family.
|Serving Size 3|
|Amount Pe rServing|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat||1.5g g|
|Vitamin A 15g||0.02 %|
|Calcium 15g||0.02 %|
- Recipe serves:4
- Preparation time15
- Cooking time15
- 1 packet Knorr® Easy to Cook Chinese Manchurian
- 450ml (3 cups) water
- 150g mixed vegetables,finely chopped (cauliflower, cabbage, carrot,and onion)
- 1 cup of flour (maida)
- 1 green capsicum/ bell pepper,cut into cubes
- 1 spring onion with stalk, to garnish
- For the Manchurian balls, combine the flour, salt and the mixed vegetables in a bowl. Sprinkle a little water and mix the ingredients to make sticky dough. Roll into firm round balls, 2-3 inches in diameter.
- Deep-fry the mixed vegetable balls until golden brown. Remove and place aside, allowing excess oil to be absorbed by a paper towel.
- For the gravy, sauté cut capsicum in a pan for 1 minute. Add 450ml (3 cups) of water and entire contents of Ready to Cook Knorr® Chinese Manchurian. Stir and bring to a boil, let the gravy simmer for 2 minutes. Add fried vegetable balls and cook for another 1 minute until gravy has thickened. Garnish with chopped spring onion and serve with Knorr® Ready to Cook Chinese Hakka Noodles.
The mixed vegetables can be grated to make a more even textured vegetable ball. Instead of using only maida – flour can be replaced with 60 % besan (green gram flour) and the remaining 40 % with maida.